Medical Claims Assessor
Cheltenham (GL52 8YQ)
Full time, Permanent Position
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Claims Assessor to join our successful, well established, team working for a range of our largest Life and Pensions Clients.
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What you will do:
- To pro-actively assess and manage Disability claims that may include Waiver of Premium, Income Protection and Terminal/Critical Illness (and other product benefits that are specific to a client account)
- To deliver an accurate, efficient and quality service in line with the Capita Life and Pensions service level agreements and receive good feedback following internal and external claim audits
- To interpret policy terms and conditions, medical evidence and financial accounts to reach a decision on the validity of a claim
- Provide thorough and robust justifications of decisions and refer cases to third parties including, Chief Medical Officers reassures and client company contacts in an accurate and clear manner
- To communicate well both verbally and in writing to give clear instruction, adhere to Treating Customers Fairly, manage the claimant's expectations and portray Capita's high standards of claim assessment.
- To support our pro-active approach to claim management by use of the telephone wherever appropriate to establish the circumstances of a claim, clarify information, triage and manage the expectations of the claimant
- Provide support for less experienced members of the team by sharing experiences, knowledge and ideas
- May deal with complaints/appeals or learn and develop skills to deal with complaints/appeals and or analysis
- To demonstrate good questioning skills in both written and oral communication to achieve the desired outcome effectively
To be successful for this role, you will need:
- Proven Medical Claims Assessment experience (Ideally across Income Protection, Waiver and Critical Illness)
- To be passionate about delivery of customer service and excellent claim management
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Can do, supportive attitude
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills
- A thorough and methodical approach, paying attention to detail in all aspects of claim assessment or underwriting decision making
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's including Maths and English
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. Within this role, we offer to support you through your Financial Services certificate to add to your personal development.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Please note that we may contact you before the end date of this advertisement, and reserve the right to close the process early if the successful applicant has been identified.
Listen | Create | Deliver
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=GL528YQ&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=GL528YQ&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Critical Illness
- Income Protection
- Medical Claims Assessor