Media Specialist, Operator, Engineer
VoD, OTT, MAM, Media Asset Management, Transcode, Encode, Video & Audio File Formats,
Our client is a well-known global media company that specialise in Broadcast Management systems - ranging from Ingest, Encode, Transcode, Post Production and Distribution.
They are looking for additional Media Operator / Service Specialist to join them to help with Onboarding new clients and projects. The successful Media Engineers are responsible for setting up all incoming sources and outgoing destinations to and from their systems and their subsequent implementations enabling seamless orchestration of inbound and outbound material with their bespoke Broadcast & Media workflows. You will also provide expertise with custom configurations.
Key duties include onboarding using proprietary platforms, a range of industry standard software/systems to perform tasks including; receipt via secure accelerated file transfer (or collection from public cloud or datacentre), quarantine/virus check, checksum & specification verification, automated analysis/quality check, standards conversion, transcoding (including low resolution browse copy creation), metadata generation or aggregation, watermarking, forensic watermarking, writing to archive, packaging and secure delivery to one or multiple locations. Telestream Vantage is a key element of this technology stack.
You will be responsible for the fast, efficient, accurate and professional set up of profiles and workflows in systems, meeting or exceeding quality standards and contracted service levels.
To be considered you should have most of the following experience:-
- Expertise with configuration and operation of Telestream Vantage professional platforms (software, hardware, plugins, integrations and interfaces with other systems) is highly desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role in a media/television/on demand/OTT organisation is essential (although training will be provided on other systems for candidates with the right experience/qualifications)
- Experience of working with software workflow orchestration tools and media asset management systems
- Demonstrable knowledge of video & audio file formats and codecs is essential.
- Demonstrable ability to read waveform monitors and audio meters
- Demonstrable knowledge of common metadata standards is essential.
- Experience of operating/configuring other industry standard video processing tools such as transcoders & standards converters, video servers and archives is essential
- Previous experience in media companies and dealing with confidential, high value broadcast files for transmission deadlines is highly desirable
- Knowledge of, and experience with, DPP (Digital Production Partnership) formats, deliveries to broadcasters and VoD/OTT platforms & CDNs in the UK and globally, (including Sky, TalkTalk, Virgin, BT, Freeview, Netflix, Apple iTunes, Hulu, YouTube etc) highly desirable
There are several positions available on Fixed Term Contracts until around October with the potential to take a permanent role. All roles come with corporate benefits including holiday and sick pay etc.
This is a 24/7/365 environment, so you will be expected to work on a shift pattern.
- media engineer
- media specialist
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job