Cathedral Appointments are currently recruiting a Production Technician with a mechanical bias for of an engineering client based in Exeter. The client is well established and known for the products they design and the level of expertise they offer in their field. They are experiencing a very exciting stage of growth and are looking for extra assistance to support this.
This position entails working in the production and test department of the company, assisting with the manufacturing, testing and assembly of products. Reporting directly to the Production Manager, the Production Technician will need to interact and develop good professional relationships with all co-workers in order for all jobs to be done effectively.
- Production Testing e.g. Pressure testing.
- Maintaining Stores.
- Ordering and dealing with suppliers.
- Keeping the workshop safe, tidy and organised.
- Marking assemblies and components.
- Manufacturing assembly (work instructions).
- Prototype assembly (test instructions).
Required Skills and Experience:
- A keen and responsible attitude to work is essential and an ability to show initiative in all responsibilities and tasks.
- Numeracy, accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to follow through a task to its successful conclusion.
- The ability to learn and absorb new information and training.
- The ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees and clients and to be flexible in all areas of the business are essential.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
There is a competitive salary on offer, a good benefits package and the HQ is based in an easily accessible location in Exeter. You will work Monday to Friday (08:00-17:00).
For more information on this fantastic opportunity and for further details on how to apply please contact Dan at Cathedral Appointments.