Mechanical Engineer Estimator
We are working with a niche automation engineering firm and they are looking to add two Mechanical Engineer Estimators / Costing Engineers for special purpose machinery to their team. The company is a highly respected provider of industrial automation, drive and control technology with clients in the UK and EU.
You will be required to prepare quotations for a variety of customers ensuring that all quotations are priced according to client specifications. This will involve working to tight deadlines to meet customer expectations. Working closely with the Sales and Project Departments, you will need to have excellent numerical and organisational skills together with a high level of commercial acumen. You will be a strong communicator with some experience in negotiation/customer communication with a proactive approach.
Role and Responsibilities
- Providing quotations and estimates for tenders and procurement of robots
- Planning from minimal information for cost advice in short time-frames
- Completing professional tender and quotation documents
- Managing quotations from conception to completion
- Liaison with mechanical, electronic, production and management teams
- Compiling the complete estimate and presenting to Commercial Manager and Directors prior to submission
- Liaising with clients
- Attending post quotation meetings and dealing with client queries, escalating to the relevant department as necessary
- Preparation of handover of estimate to Project Team on order Placement
A background in tool making / tool design, would be an advantage and a technical qualification or mechanical apprenticeship would also be beneficial.
- Comfortable preparing tenders and quotations
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes and design for manufacture (DFM)
- Ability to understand and interpret specifications
- Previous experience in an estimating role within a mechanical and electrical environment
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Works well under pressure
- Desire to progress Career
- Commercial Understanding
This role would suit someone with a good level of experience in an Engineering environment with a firm knowledge of tool making /manufacturing and looking to further their career within an long established company.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and location is flexible following a period of training at the design and manufacturing base in South Wales.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job