MECHANICAL DESIGN DRAUGHTSPERSON
Job Ref.: JO2872
Location: Greater Manchester
Contract type: Permanent
Our client designs and manufactures boiler flue gas economisers, pressure vessels, condensate vessels, blowdown tanks and gas coolers (both thermal oil and water/glycol). They serve customers throughout the U.K., the export markets and have ambitious plans for expansion in the short and medium term. They currently have a full and growing order book and as part of their future plans, they now have a requirement for a Mechanical Design Draughtsperson to join the team in this exciting period of change to develop with the business and who will help to accelerate their growth going forward.
Our client is accredited to ISO 9001 and ASME_U.
The Mechanical Design Draughtsperson will be responsible for the handling of contracts from initial enquiry, through design and manufacture to close-out.
This includes all aspects of the process from:
- Preparing preliminary drawings during Tender Stage
- The design of products (economisers/vessels/pipework/skid assembly etc.)
- Preparing general arrangement drawings
- Preparing related drawings including weld details, sectional drawings, fabrication details
- Produce materials list for enquiry and procurement
- Preparing documentation (O&M, QA etc.)
- Site visit for survey and check during design and installation
Key Duties include:
- Regular contact with the customers and suppliers
- Liaising with the Works Manager to progress jobs through the works
- Responsible for monitoring costs and ensuring contracts run to budget
- Liaising with Works Manager and other Project Engineers to plan production
- Attending contract update meetings
- Assisting in the specification of design requirements for all equipment including new-build and modifications to existing units
- Ensuring that all information relating to projects and assets is accurately recorded and stored appropriately
- Ensuring house-keeping is maintained to a high standard to improve efficiency and safety at all times
- Carrying out process design to the company’s internal and external quality standards
- Maintain the company standard documentations
Main requirements, Competencies and Qualifications:
- HNC/HND in Engineering
- Experience in AutoCAD/SolidWorks and able to produce engineering drawings including general arrangements and fabrication drawings for Vessels, Exchangers, pipework and skid assembly
- 5 years+ practical experience ideally within a small-medium sized engineering company
- Good knowledge of welding fabrication practices
- Effective time management and planning skills, well organised and can work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) as duties will involve liaising with Clients and the fabrication workshop
- Fully proficient in MS Office
- Full clean driving licence
- Must have a constructive team working mentality to work well alongside others within a small and tight-knit engineering team. Should be hardworking, self-motivating and always take pride in their work
- Should be flexible and always be willing to learn
- Applicants must have demonstrable experience in a similar role in the Engineering/Manufacturing industry with a medium to large organisation
Requirements - Desirable:
- Though not absolutely essential, it would be very advantageous for the successful candidate to have worked in the Industrial Boiler/Vessel fabrication industry, and therefore be familiar with heat exchangers, pipework, and pressure vessels
- Ideally the successful candidate will be familiar with PED, PD5500, BS1113 and ASME although training will be given
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations
How to apply:
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in "Word" format only, highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria.
PDF or other file formats are not accepted.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those ge
- Heat Exchangers
- Process Design