Receiving and unloading of stock from suppliers, couriers, and engineers
* Picking and issuing of stock as detailed on all despatch notes, to installers, engineers, internal depots, and customer sites
* The moving and storage of all stock in and out of the warehouse, in a safe and tidy manner, and which is also in-keeping with the company's health and safety guidelines.
* Ensure the filing of all documentation relating to goods receipt and despatch manifests, are kept up to date on a daily basis.
* Pass all completed despatch notes on a regular basis (hourly), to the Logistics Controller for booking purposes.
* Assist in carrying out continuous stock checks in the form of Perpetual Inventory Audits or any other type of Stock Audits, as and when instructed by the Logistics Controller.
* Answer incoming calls promptly, and in a polite and courteous manner.
* Notify the Logistics Controller of any stock and process related issues that become apparent on a day to day basis.
* Responsible for the contractual and company confidential information.
* Responsible for accuracy of own work.
* Undertake appropriate training in line with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
* In accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimising them wherever possible.
* Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role
4 GCSE's including Mathematics and English (Grades A-C), however there are other criteria on which ability in these areas can be assessed e.g. passed a functional skills test in the last 5 years that demonstrates the numerical and literacy skills to the level of GCSE.
Knowledge & Skills:
Knowledge of SAP desirable, or a similar system used for ordering and managing materials in a warehouse environment
Familiar with the process of receiving and checking goods in and out of a warehouse operation inc. Order picking and packing of goods.
Current forklift licence desirable
Previous experience of working in a warehouse or Goods receipt/despatch environment.
Working as part of a team and unsupervised
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job