This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
Working hours are 40 hours per week, plus weekends as and when required
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the property management, administration, bookings and marketing of the house. Event co-ordination is also required when necessary for weddings and other celebrations.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Administration, Bookings and Finance
* Answering emails and telephone enquiries.
* Answering all enquiries including; self-catering, wedding, party, and corporate enquiries.
* Managing existing customer enquiries.
* Conduct and manage house viewings.
* Manage bookings.
* Booking activities and/or additional services as requested.
* Manage and process payments.
* Maintain and update all documentation.
* Regular use of Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, plus experience of electronic databases, the internet and updating website pages.
* Undertake other work as required, and attend evening/weekend and other functions as appropriate.
* Carry out other duties as may reasonably be required by the estate.
* Assume responsibility for effective administration of income, payments, invoices and associated records.
* As directed by estate owners, coordination of house staff including cleaners, caterers, contractors and general weekly maintenance jobs.
* General house management. Duties including fire/other risk assessments, alarm and appliance maintenance.
* Stock control. Ordering of linen, toiletries, kitchen equipment, etc.
* Event planning for a range of bookings including weddings, corporate events, parties, and holidays. Pre-event tasks such as booking catering, marquee hire, decorations.
* Co-ordination on event day directing guests and external suppliers, general house management.
* Monitoring guests and required to be on call for deliveries, last minute requests and emergencies
* Maintaining and updating website and social media outlets.
* Managing relationships with booking agencies and external website
* Maintain existing media links and look to gain more media coverage
* Manage data used for marketing - client database
* Seek out and utilise any marketing opportunities that will reach Silverholme's target market
* Run promotional offers advertised through our website, external agents, social media.
The successful candidate will possess:
* Excellent skills, knowledge and experience in both property management and marketing
* Attention to detail
* Confident verbal and written communication skills
* Highly developed administrative, organisational and numeracy skills
* Time management skills
* Numeracy and an ability to keep basic financial records
* IT literate and able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Administrative experience, preferably in the hospitality industry
* Customer care experience
Essential personal attributes and attitude
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Open, positive and engaging team player with the drive to work independently
* Organised & methodical approach to working
* Discreet and able to deal with confidential, sensitive information
* Diplomatic and calm under pressure
* Flexibility and willingness to go beyond what is required for the client
* Commitment to quality
* Full driving licence
Desirable skills and experiences
* Event planning and co-ordination skills and experience
* Experience of managing large budgets, recording of income/expenditure
* Administrative experience in a hospitality environment
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job