IQE has been at the forefront of the compound semiconductor industry for more than twenty-five years. We have grown from a single manufacturing operation into a world class platform with a global footprint spanning Europe, Asia and the USA and the Company boasts a prestigious, global customer base. IQE’s market leadership and competitive advantages enable the group to provide a unique service that is second to none.
As the world leader in the supply of custom epiwafers and substrates to the compound semiconductor industry, we are committed to providing the best service in the industry, and rely on expertise and teamwork to achieve this. Join our team!
IQE Europe - St Mellons, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Carry out manufacturing related duties such as testing, measuring and characterisation of manufactured epifwafers within the cleanroom environment. Loading and unloading of production material.
- Carry out production runs as required by the Daily Production Schedule/OSR targets and objectives;
- Complete accurate records of all specified product characteristics;
- Perform routine operations on all test and measurement (Characterisation) equipment, in a safe, accurate, reliable and consistent manner;
- Perform scheduled calibration and/or monitoring as requested and to maintain all appropriate records, SPC data and charts;
- Gain a basic understanding of IQE product characteristics, and, how different groups within the organisation interact with each other;
- Assist in modifications and process improvement programmes where required;
- Assist in the training of staff as and when required and where competent to do so;
- Provide back-up safety cover to standard operating procedures as required;
- Complete all run-related data and checks on ODS (Manufacturing IT System), pre-run checks, and assist in 1st stage problem solving where necessary;
- Maintain local bay area, reactor loading area and gloveboxe housekeeping to normal semiconductor standards;
- Participate in any problem solving and continuous improvement programmes focused on achieving business objectives.
Your Qualifications / Experience:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent;
- Experience in a production / technical environment - cleanroom experience preferable;
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Interpersonal - ability to work closely and communicate with all levels of operational, management and engineering staff. Must be an effective team player;
- Process - A good understanding of the MOVPE process. III-V characterisation & hardware capabilities and procedures desirable but not essential;
- Professional - Problem solving & work planning skills. Statistical process and data skills, (SPC, Lean manufacturing, VSM).
- Excellent Communication between team and supervisory management;
- Customer service (internal);
- Good Judgment and decision making;
- High Flexibility and resilience;
- Strong personal motivation to learn and succeed;
- Excellent Team Working and collaboration
- Work planning and organising;
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving;
In addition, we offer you:
- Generous Contributory Pension Plan;
- Bonus Scheme;
- 21.5 shifts annual leave rising to 26 shifts after qualifying service;
- Death in Service Benefit of four times annual salary;
- Membership of medical 'cash plan’;
- Stock/share options;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Salary - £15,303 per annum plus 40% shift allowance upon commencement. Increases to £15,922 following an initial training period.
Hours of Work - Alternating shift pattern of 4 on / 4 off:
2 shifts 6.00 am > 6.15 pm
2 shifts 6.00 pm > 06.15 am
4 shifts off
Closing Date - Tuesday 27th February 2018