Manufacturing Engineer - Berkshire
£30,000 - £45,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a busy team which will involve: providing day to day technical support to the shop floor resolving issues/improving current processes as well as supporting the development of existing products by defining new processes and equipment in line with business requirements.
- Work as part of a small team providing day to day technical support to all areas of production applying best practice/lean techniques as required and to pro-actively resolve issues.
- Develop robust shop floor processes - continually evaluate and apply best practice to remove waste and improve quality.
- Identify, lead and manage projects across the business that will support improved output, efficiency and quality.
- Actively participate in the deployment of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques. Optimise shop floor capacity in line with business requirements. Responsible for manufacturing layout and process design (assembly and test) to minimise waste and maximise efficiencies.
- To develop, maintain and improve production documentation (SOP’s) as required.
- To identify opportunities for process, productivity and quality improvements utilising the Line Stop process.
- To participate in continuous improvement projects and activities.
- The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not restrictive and the post holder may be required to undertake any other duties which may be required from time to time. Any such duties should not, however, substantially change the general character of the position.
- Experience of electronics manufacturing would be a significant advantage.
- Lean manufacturing methodologies such as 7 wastes and 5S.
- Appreciation of Electronic and mechanical design.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and think beyond traditional methods to promote continuous improvement.
- Problem solving and implementing improved processes.
- Experienced in the manufacturing of electro-mechanical devices.
If this role is of interest please click apply now!
Harris Lord is acting as an employment agency for this role.
Keywords: manufacturing, production, engineering, manufacturing engineer, production engineer, lean, electronics,
- Electronics Manufacturing
- Lean Manufacturing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job