Manufacturing Process Engineer
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000pa
Ensure processes are available to meet customer and production requirements. Support production and facilitate continuous improvement on all existing products and processes. Provide technical support for NPI activities.
• Ongoing analysis and continuous improvement of existing processes with a focus on cost, quality, delivery, and overall equipment effectiveness.
• Evaluation of customer requirement to support new product activity.
• Responsible for production processes, tooling, jigs and equipment to support new product introduction and continuous improvement of existing products.
• Production support including, developing production documentation, standard operating procedures, delivering training, and ensuring adherence from production teams.
• Collaborate with other engineers, managers and production staff to transfer processes into production.
• Provide on-going technical support and assistance to production and maintenance teams.
• Working to a specification within the constraints of cost, quality, time and resources.
• Solve engineering problems in a disciplined, efficient and timely manner.
• Liaise with production and operations management to decide the best means of meeting customer orders.
• Program, setup and monitor production equipment and react to any changes outside normal operation.
• Analysis of internal KPI and yield metrics, to drive improvements.
• Keep up-to-date all relevant documentation, systems and records, including controlling calibration requirements for production equipment, tooling, jigs & fixtures.
• Interact with suppliers to specify, develop and implement efficient and cost-effective systems, equipment, and processes.
Candidates should hold at least a HNC in a relevant engineering discipline, ideally degree qualified and have at least 2 years in a similar engineering role supporting fast moving manufacturing processes. Experience with systemic improvement methodologies such as six sigma or lean will be a distinct advantage along with exposure to electronics manufacturing equipment.
- Electronics Manufacturing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"