Crawley, West Sussex
£38000 - £40000pa plus great benefits.
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of high value capital equipment for the medical and scientific industries.
As the Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for:
* Identification of cost savings and cost/value improvements, and justification of new requirements as necessary.
* Resolve technical issues and establish root cause & put in place effective preventative action.
* Resolve issues working with other departments and functions
* Assist in production reliability projects and programmes
* Generate & design production tooling - including test boxes for use on product life test.
* Day to day technical support for the resolution of build problems, including authorisation of Non Conformance Reports when the documented build process cannot be followed, and authorisation of amendments to Production documents.
* Design and documentation of the build process including:
* Assembly Instructions (Standard Operating Procedures)
* Inspection instructions and machine quality checklist
* Factory layout, facilities and capacities.
* Definition of operation times and administration of routings
* Safe mechanical handlings, safe build processes and safe equipment, satisfying legislation such as COSHH and Electrical Safety at Work.
* Design and procurement of production tooling, including inspection gauges.
* Participation in New Product Development Projects, especially with regard to design for Manufacture, and Production start up.
* Participation in Manufacturing improvement projects.
* Participation in the Engineering Change process
A strong electro-mechanical engineering and manufacturing background is essential.
A minimum of HNC in an engineering discipline or equivalent
Demonstrable experience of successful regular use of value engineering techniques
Experience and a good track record of Six Sigma and Lean projects that have driven change for continuous improvement
Knowledge and experience of relevant Medical Device Directions
Experience in a Manufacturing production environment and a variety of processes
For more information on this role, please contact Steve Read on at Search Technical.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job