We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join a busy Manufacturing Team.
Their products contain complex mechanical systems, electronics, software and typically have associated consumables. The purpose of this role is to ensure that our products can be manufactured meeting quality, delivery and cost targets.
- Work with designers and engineers to give Design for Manufacture input during product development projects.
- Work with procurement specialists to develop a robust high quality supply chain.
- Develop and implement sound manufacturing methods covering all processes from supply chain through configuration, commissioning and packing.
- Solve manufacturing issues by providing guidance and prioritisation, performing root cause analysis and implementing solutions such as jigs and fixtures, process change or design change.
- Develop, maintain and improve manufacturing documentation
Key Job Skills
- Excellent manufacturing engineering and process development skills.
- Experience of the design of jigs and fixtures for manufacturing.
- Sound knowledge and experience of NPI processes.
- Experience of developing and maintaining manufacturing documentation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of engineering principles and best practice.
- Sound understanding of Design for Manufacture (DfM).
Good degree in Manufacturing Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline or substantial experience in manufacturing engineering of electromechanical assemblies.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job