£30,000 to £35,000 per annum
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Proto Labs is the world’s fastest manufacturer of custom prototype and low-volume parts. We’ve revolutionised our industry by developing proprietary software that automates traditional manufacturing processes, enabling us to create parts in engineering grade materials - faster than anyone else in the world.
This success is fueled by our cutting-edge, internally-developed software, and our fast-paced, casual work environment is driven by employees who thrive on innovative thinking making Proto Labs not only a great place to work, but also one of the fastest growing companies in the UK.
This is an exciting role where you will be responsible for planning, designing, setting up, modifying and monitoring manufacturing processes. You will monitor and analyse current manufacturing methods to create improvements to include process improvements, reduction in scrap, factory layout etc. and engage in creative problem solving to address operational issues. You will lead projects for new process introductions (NPI) including design and procurement of jigs, tooling and capital equipment to ensure all project requirements are achieved.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- A Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with injection moulding or CNC preferred
- Lean Manufacturing background
- Successful experience of managing projects with a hands on approach
- Excellent planning and organising capabilities
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Previous experience in a manufacturing / engineering environment essential
The role will appeal to an individual capable of working in a fast paced environment. You will have the initiative to approach challenges with enthusiasm and the ability to react to rapid changes in prioritisation whilst maintaining a clear focus on the company objectives. High attention to detail, time management and communication skills are a must as is computer literacy.
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Daily flexible working plan
- Childcare voucher
- Excellent working environment
- Fast Paced Environment
- Manufacturing Engineering