££HIGHLY COMPETITIVE // RELOCATION ETC.
Why Goodwin Refractory Services Limited?
Located in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Goodwin Refractory Services Ltd is an established world market leader in the manufacture of Casting Plasters, Processing Equipment, 3D Printers and associated products.
We now have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer/Production Engineer/Project Engineer to join the team.
Working with our Chinese partners as well as back in the UK this role will utilise your skills, knowledge and experience to the full, supporting continued business growth by driving continuous improvement and efficiency programmes in advancing our manufacturing capability of new and existing products.
This position will suit a candidate with at least 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment and possess the desired skills, energy and commitment to consistently add value and deliver real world improvements throughout the organisation.
- Improve and advance manufacturing assembly and throughput capability of selected partners to meet on time customer deliveries;
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders and contributors to the manufacturing process;
- Develop production planning methodologies, quality systems, inventory control including spares
- Investigate operational problems affecting production throughput and recommend and initiate solutions.
- Support training of staff on new development processes and technology.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- 5 years experience in a production engineering position within a manufacturing environment;
- Ability to travel up to 35%, internationally to customers and manufacturing partners as required;
- Demonstrable experience of introducing measurable and effective process improvements, improving assembly throughput, quality and on time deliveries;
- Experience in using 3D CAD modelling tools;
- Knowledge of related engineering disciplines (e.g. mechanical engineering, electrical / electronic design engineering) with ability to read and understand electronic schematics, wiring diagrams, mechanical parts and assembly drawings etc.
- Experience of lean manufacturing techniques;
- Strong organisational and project management skills;
- Knowledge of quality systems;
- HNC/HND in a relevant Engineering discipline;
- Fluency in English oral and written communication skills;
- Chinese (Mandarin) would be a bonus but not essential;
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with small teams.
As this is a key role we expect you to possess the following behaviour’s:
- Act professionally;
- Take responsibility;
- Credible influencer;
- Use initiative;
- Act proactively in the pursuit of efficiency;
- Demonstrate commitment with the drive to succeed;
- Strong work ethic;
- Collaborative, cooperative and supportive manner;
- Communicates effectively and professionally with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
Part of Goodwin PLC and a division of Goodwin Refractory Services Ltd, is an established world market leader in the manufacture of high quality Non-Foamed & Foamed Casting Plasters, Ceramic Shell Casting materials, Injection Waxes, Moulding Rubbers, Processing Equipment, 3D Rapid Prototype Printers and associated products.
Further information about the Goodwin PLC group can be found atwww.goodwin.co.uk. Information regarding the Group’s Investment Powder manufacturing businesses can be found on the right hand side of the web page under Refractory Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Project Management
- Manufacturing Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job