Job title: Manual Turner
My client specializes in the fabrication of PTFE and PEEK products for final machining. industry including Foodstuffs, Fluid Handling, Paper Manufacturing, Fluid Manufacturing, Chemical Plant Servicing, and Railway Traction, Seal makers for the Oil and Gas Industry and various other engineering applications. We currently have a vacancy for the following position:
Skilled Turner (Permanent)
Reporting directly to the Production Manager the Skilled Turner will take responsibility for setting and running machines manually, and conducting basic machine maintenance when required to ensure production targets are achieved. A large part of the role will involve quality assurance, inspecting parts which have been produced and notifying the Production Manager if there are any areas of concern. Additionally the Skilled Turner will adjust programs on machines and maintain the precision of their tools.
- Full knowledge of workshop equipment.
- Ability to resolve queries and problems to best of knowledge before escalating up to next level ensuring minimum occurrence of errors and provide workable solutions.
- Responsible for adhering to Health and Safety rules and procedures.
- Conducting assigned tasks in a controlled and safe manner, paying particular respect to colleagues and equipment.
- Solid mechanical / engineering knowledge
- Any previous experience of CNC Programming would be considered advantageous to your application.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible attitude and approach to work
- Professional conduct displayed at all times
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to lift safe loads without assistance
- Ability to work well within a team and as an individual
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical approach to tasks
- Takes pride in self and work
If you are interested in the role please contact the engineering team on or send you
Premier are acting as an employment agency
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job