Please follow us on WeChat: teamchinapf or (if your account was opened in China) ianwardpf
Your New Job Title: Mandarin speaking Operational Risk Analyst
The Skills you'll use each day: Fluent Mandarin and English, Operational Risk experience,
Your New Salary: to £43k + benefits
Who you'll be working for:
Our client is a well-established and fast expanding bank.
What you'll be doing each day:
To assist the ORM in:
- Monitoring and controlling the bank’s operational risks within the risk appetite established by the Board of Directors
- Supporting departments in identifying and assessing operational risks, developing controls and action plans to mitigate risks
- Ensuring that the operational risk management framework (ORMF) of the Bank is fit-for-purpose and fully meets regulatory requirements.
- Developing and embedding the key components of the ORMF - RCSA programme, OR Event management, Key Risk Indicator Reporting
- Facilitating the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process across the Bank to ensure that all material operational risks are identified, measured, monitored and controlled effectively. Where appropriate, challenge the business and support areas’ self-assessments.
- Coordinating completion and updating of the Bank’s End to End process maps across business and support
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate operational risk management systems, policies and procedures, and, where necessary, developing the infrastructure to support the operational risk framework.
- Assist with the configuration and introduction of an operational risk system to automate routine ORMF processes and drive ownership and embedding of the ORMF.
- Providing support to the business and support areas on all operational risk matters, including improving their procedures to mitigate operational risks appropriately.
- Maintaining and developing the Bank’s KRI reports for operational risks.
- Report and escalate material risk events, including conduct risk events and conflicts of interest, or losses to the Head of Department.
- Ensure that transactions arranged are in accordance with the Joint Tax Risk Policy and Joint Booking Policy, and are documented in accordance with the Joint Legal Policy and any applicable departmental procedures.
- Manage the use of IT systems and of data, particularly personal data, in accordance with the Joint IT Security Policy and the Joint Data Protection Policy and any applicable departmental procedures.
The skills you need to succeed:
- Educated to degree in numerate/financial/accounting discipline and/or appropriate professional qualification level.
- Experience of implementing operational risk management frameworks, including a good knowledge of methodologies for measuring operational risk, in a commercial banking/treasury environment.
- Working knowledge of wholesale banking and treasury products. Good understanding and experience of operational processes around such products.
- Familiarity with the PRA regulatory framework for operational risk, including operational risk capital requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English. Skills in Mandarin would be an advantage but not essential.
- Proficiency in evaluating bank processes and identifying weaknesses and risks.
- Good team skills, in particular the ability to work closely with the business and support areas whist maintaining independence.
- Able to influence and drive change.
- A desire to take responsibility and show initiative.
- An ability to work under pressure.
If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.