Our client in Coventry is looking to hire a Bookkeeper on an ongoing, part-time basis. You will be part of a small, friendly team and will be conducting all bookkeeping responsibilities.
This role is ideally for someone who would be able to work 9-6 on Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's, but the working hours can be reduced and negotiated for the perfect candidate.
Duties and responsibilities
• Monitor and purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
• Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
• Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices
• Issue invoices to customers
• Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
• Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
• Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
• Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
• Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
• Issue financial statements and calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
• Maintain the chart of accounts
• Maintain the annual budget and calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
• Process payroll in a timely manner
• Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
Skills and experience
• You must be able to speak Mandarin and English fluently
• Have an accounting background
• Experience/knowledge of Sage 50
• Excellent communication skills
They are looking for an ASAP start in this role and for someone who would be looking to stay long term.