Please follow us on WeChat: teamchinapf or (if your account was opened in China) ianwardpf
Your New Job Title: Mandarin speaking Accounting Assistant
Your New Salary: c£25k+company benefit
Location: West London
This role is responsible for the timely and accurate processing and reconciling of a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements, journal vouchers; compiling and reviewing information for accuracy; and maintaining records etc. The work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using spreadsheets and the automated SAP accounting system.
What you'll be doing each day:
- Verifies items billed against items ordered and received and reconciles differences through follow-up with the vendor and/or admin team and process the online banking payment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Verifying employee expense claims, ensuring that they comply with Company policy and processing the online banking payment within established time limits.
- Timely and accurately posting all data to appropriate accounts in an automated SAP accounting system.
- Managing the Corporate (Credit) Cards and communicate with banks
- Managing the Direct Debit Payment and communicate with banks
- Managing Petty Cash
- Completion of annual PSA tax report to HMRC
- Completion of monthly PAYE Electronically Payment for Expat staff
- Prepare national statistics reports when required
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Assist in completion of quarterly VAT Returns
- Assist in completion of annual Transfer Pricing Report
- Assist in completion of annual P11D Reports for HR Team
- Assist in monthly budget report for HQ
- Assist in monthly closing and G&A expense analysis
- Assist in monthly management account statements
- Assist in audit work
- Assist Accounting Manager for miscellaneous accounting issues
- Provide training for any staff regarding G&A/ Personal Reimbursement issues when required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The skills you need to succeed:
- Solid knowledge of international/UK accounting principles and practices
- Degree level education
- Accounting profession qualification essential - part qualified eg ACCA or ACA or CIMA
- Mandarin speaker preferred but not essential
- Familiar with SAP accounting systems (training will be provided, if not) and Microsoft packages
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and under pressure at key times of the month
- Ability to use professional judgment and common sense in problem solving and decision making regarding payments and other finance issues
- Must be good team player and have an eye for detail
- Knowledge of oil industry/trading environment preferred but not essential
- Understanding/knowledge of finance best practices
- Minimum 2 year’s experience In a similar role§
- It would be useful if the candidate has worked previously in a FSA regulated environment
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.