Our combination of world-leading Corality modelling and expertise in infrastructure, finance, accounting and tax and ability to deliver across the globe is proving extremely attractive to the market and our international team is expanding rapidly as a result.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage a team and process to deliver high quality financial models to our clients. Models developed by our team support new infrastructure finance, management of operational assets, and valuation and transactions for existing assets.
While the position is open for an immediate start, we will consider alternative start dates for the right candidate.
You will interact with the full range of infrastructure clients, from high growth renewables ventures, through major national infrastructure providers, to international investment funds and firms.
Our client base rages from start-up to large established infrastructure developers, financers and investors from around the world you will benefit from gaining a deeper sector knowledge, as well as technical expertise through client portfolio exposure.
Manager or senior manager (depending on experience and skills), reporting directly to directors and partners in infrastructure modelling and advisory.
Manage financial modelling projects for the team, from proposals through scoping, development, review and delivery, working in a supportive and collaborative environment. This will include:
• Being the main day to day contact with clients, forming long-standing relationships which with help drive repeat business
• Leading, coaching and reviewing the work of modelling analysts in London, Delhi, New York and Sydney, and provision of modelling advice and support to wider team members
• Financial management of projects, including billing and debt collection, and reporting on their progress to the director/partner team;
• Ensuring the quality of deliverables to meet internal standards and client requirements, including that best practice modelling is adhered to at all times
Additional responsibilities will include:
• Undertake training in, and then deliver our world-renowned training courses in project finance modelling. This is an excellent way to share knowledge, build networks and benefit from the experience of course participants.
• Help market our services to new and existing clients, including via social media and thought leadership
• Acting as an appraising manager to junior staff, coaching and developing them so they can progress their careers.
As with all roles at Mazars, you will be expected to play your part through:
• Demonstrating our values
• Making a contribution to society in many ways, including participating in our CSR days and events
• Working collaboratively in an agile and flexible environment
• Consistently seeking out ways to innovate and improve our service offering
• Skilled in Excel to Developer level as set out in the ICAEW’s Spreadsheet Competency Framework (-technology/excel/spreadsheet-competency-framework.)
• Significant experience in creating project finance models to specific client requirements
• Broad practical experience working in infrastructure or similar sector, with a good commercial understanding of project and market structures and concepts
• Strong analytical mind-set
• Ability to communicate complicated concepts clearly – to clients, to trainees and to the team.
• Experience with the frameworks for regulated utilities or other regulated infrastructure
• Specific experience in: rail, road, renewable energy, oil & gas, energy infrastructure, airports.
• Background in mathematics, statistics or data analysis
• Accounting qualification
• Tax qualification
• Broad practical experience in IT (to help develop more advanced modelling functionality)
• Additional languages at business level (especially European languages and Mandarin)
• Good skills in using social media for building networks and developing business.
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence in 77 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job