Blackheath, 35 hours per week.
To provide professional business support to the Senior Leadership Team to ensure financial control and effective decision-making through financial, operational and business evaluation and analysis.
Under the guidance of the Finance Director to develop and provide analytical reports on any aspect of the charity’s activities and to contribute to the financial appraisal of the charity performance.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To support and guide budget-holders and senior management in their financial responsibilities
- Support budget-holders to meet monthly closedown of financial accounts to deadlines
- Review data to identify financial issues affecting management information
- Obtain and validate financial forecasts with stakeholders
- Support budget-holders in operational and business planning and performance data management
- Assist budget-holders in developing and evaluating operational and business plans
- Identify and confirm appropriate performance data measurement criteria
- Support and guide budget-holders in understanding their budgeting, planning and performance-management responsibilities
- Review, raise and maintain the level of business management expertise in budget-holders
- Meet regularly with budget-holders to support and assess business management experience and skills
- Raise and maintain budget-holder awareness of their business management responsibilities
- Produce, agree and maintain with budget-holders annual phased budgets to ensure robust financial control of resources
- Assist budget-holders in appropriate phasing of final budgets
- Assist budget-holders in appropriate activity analysis of budgets
- Support budget holders in their use of business software applications
- Deal effectively with queries from budget-holders
- Monitor compliance with standing financial instructions
- Prepare regular and ad hoc finance reports for senior management
- Prepare reports as required
- Prepare reports for individual budget -holders
- To assist with other accounting, financial and administrative duties as may be required
- To cover for the Financial Controller as may be required from time to time
General Duties & Responsibilities
- To maintain confidentiality at all times and to comply with the College policy thus ensuring security in the management and use of information.
- To contribute to close working relationships with all personnel and to help to build an open, honest and happy culture that facilitates learning, creativity and excellence of delivery.
- To be empathetic and courteous to residents and their relatives, treating them with care and consideration at all times and referring any issues or incidents directly to management/nursing staff as appropriate.
- To undertake any other duties at the request of the line manager which are commensurate with the role, including project work, absence cover and taking part in College events.
- To comply with the policies and procedures at all times.
- To work in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1975 and related College regulations; understanding the health and safety policy and ensuring that care is taken to protect the health, safety and welfare of residents, staff and visitors. This will include reporting of faulty equipment to the relevant manager.
- To undertake training as necessary in line with development of the post.
- To participate fully in the performance management process and undertake Continuing Professional Development as required.
- To achieve and demonstrate agreed standards of personal and professional development within agreed timescales.
- To ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2016 and Data Protection Act 2018.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"