Our client is soon to open the doors of this new & exquisite 36 bedroom Hotel Complex, based in the heart of the Lake District. A truly magnificent destination, offering a first-class service and wonderful surroundings to their guests and staff alike. This hotel is the latest 'Jewel in the Crown' for this highly experienced Group who have a select portfolio of prestigious hotels Internationally.
A newly created permanent role of Management Accountant is now available, a role which is very varied and autonomous with responsibility for 1 other member of staff. This role will work closely with the General Manager and report directly into the Group Finance Director based in London, who will visit site approximately once a week.
We are looking to appoint an accountant who has previous experience within the hotel/hospitality sector, understanding the various nuances within the industry will be of significant advantage.
- Prepare and report the monthly management accounts and provide analysis to the management team and head office on a timely basis.
- To support and advise the management teams on financial and commercial matters arising out of monthly management account reviews.
- To coordinate the preparation of budgets and forecasts and review and challenge these to continuously improve the budgeting process. To monitor and regularly report performance against budgets and forecasts.
- Cashflow forecasting and cost control across the site.
- Support Finance Director - in the preparation of year end statutory financial statements and management of external audit to ensure that completed efficiently and to group reporting deadlines.
- Responsible for VAT, PAYE & NIC and other payroll deductions, pension administration and liaising with tax agents to support preparations of the corporate tax returns. Payroll processing is outsourced.
- To ensure robust financial controls are in place and that group accounting policies and procedures are adhered.
- To ensure that fixed assets and stocks are safeguarded and adequately controlled,
- To ensure that all balance sheet assets and liabilities are reconciled monthly including group assets and liabilities.
- To oversee and ensure that revenues, cash and stocks (F&B, room amenities and other consumables) are reconciled on a regular basis and discrepancies highlighted.
Personal attributes sought for this role:
- Confident and pro-active with a 'can do’ attitude.
- Good communication and influencing skills, both written and oral
- Customer driven / customer focused
- Team player within finance team and within wider organization
- Commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and to manage staff.
- Ability to work to deadlines and organised.
- Flexible and able to cope with change and to manage changing priorities.
Experience and key skills:
- Qualified accountant or qualified by experience with at least 5 years’ experience gained within hotel/hospitality sector (highly desirable).
- Competent skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft office
- Previously experience of providing financial analysis to non-finance managers.
- Experience of working in a small to medium sized entrepreneurial business
- Knowledge of Sage - desirable (not essential)
- Knowledge of all financial ledgers and financial reporting.
Salary and benefits being offered:
Salary region up to £35,000 initially depending on experience and qualifications + Discretionary bonus scheme + Auto Enrolment pension + Meals on duty
Working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday - standard working hours)
Excellent working environment with views across Lake Windermere and the mountains.
**Progression/fast track to gain the title of Financial Controller within a short period for the right person, demonstrating the key qualities and successes within the role**
Our client is looking to appoint asap, the role is currently being covered by a part time interim accountant and the off-site Group Finance Manager. As soon as we receive suitable applicants interviewing will commence, so if you have the relevant experience please contact myself either via email with your CV or telephone without delay.
- Fixed Assets
- Management Accounts
- Stock Control
- Cashflow Analysis