With millions of passengers, cars, trucks, motorcycles and coaches passing through on cross-Channel ferries each year, it's no wonder they're known as the 'Gateway to Europe'.
Their award-winning cruise port, the second busiest in the UK, hosts some of the world’s most prestigious cruise lines. Our portfolio is diverse other successful business include a cargo terminal, award winning marina and several niche activities.
This is truly an exciting time to be part of our growing organisation. The Dover Western Docks Revival Project, the single biggest investment undertaken by the Port, will create a purpose-built cargo and logistics facility at the Port, which currently handles up to £119 billion of UK trade each year.
The continued expansion of the Cargo business has led to an exciting opportunity arising within the Finance department. The Cargo business will move to its new home in the Western Docks in 2019 which in turn will lead to further opportunities to grow the business. The successful candidate will perform all regular management accounting tasks and be required to liaise with and challenge senior management within the business and report to the Directors.
You will be required to:
- Produce monthly management accounts and statistics for Port of Dover Cargo Ltd (PoDCL)
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Calculation of all accruals and prepayments
- Responsibility for all short-term revenue budgeting and forecasting
- Payroll monitoring/reforecasting/reporting
- Assisting with short & long term planning
- Providing detailed analysis of each cost centre and linked activity and KPIs
- Managing the workload of direct reports and completing performance appraisals (if applicable)
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- At least 3 years post-qualification experience
- Experience of financial modelling
- Up to date knowledge and production of statutory accounts under UK GAAP
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job