Purpose and Scope
The Management Accountant is a key role within a small Finance team that will work closely with the Finance Director to ensure smooth operation of all organisational finance matters
- Prepare and develop monthly management accounts and financial analysis on a timely basis to allow the organisation to make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, profitability and growth
- Work with operational managers to ensure income and expenditure is maintained within budget, and thus the agreed contribution is delivered.
- Advise on and assist with all financial issues impacting on operational managers within the Management Accountants’ area of responsibility.
- Work with operational managers to provide accurate assessments of the forecast financial position for a particular financial year, stating clearly the underpinning assumptions.
- Support operational managers to develop a robust budget; this to be achieved through providing clear baseline financial information and through discussion and cross-testing assumptions to arrive at proposals which fit with corporate expectations.
- Provide costings and financial analysis for new bids and existing services as required through the Finance Commercial Support function
- Act as the interface between the Finance department and operational staff
- Identify opportunities for cost efficiencies, for example through streamlined procurement processes or more effective business systems.
Financial Management, Information and Reporting (Key Accountabilities)
- Prepare annual budgets for multiple operational service delivery contracts
- Undertake regular reports of budget performance to the Finance Director including any potential over or under spends
- Prepare Management Accounts in accordance within agreed timescales and ensuring absolute accuracy
- Support Finance Director in a range of activities including the preparation of statutory financial reporting for audit, in line with SORP regulations
- Running staff payroll, undertaking HMRC submissions
- Ensure that all month and year-end and other necessary processing activities are undertaken appropriately e.g. monthly bank reconciliations, co-ordinate and consolidate monthly management information, payroll, pensions etc.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
- Develop monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts and explain differences and make recommendations
- Assist with financial aspect of bid process, project proposals and contract negotiations
- Annual Reports
- Bank Reconciliations
- Finance Department
- Financial Issues