The Consultancy Group are recruiting for a Management Accountant to join a fast growth, international property and real estate business based in Central London on a permanent basis.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an academically strong, part qualified individual who is looking for a progressive role whilst studying towards their professional qualification.
You will report directly into the Group Financial Controller and will have ownership of 5 development projects and will be responsible for all accounting processes for each entity. The role will work closely with the development team and other areas of the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ownership of all accounting records for your development entities.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash flow statement and balance sheet reconciliations) for the development entities.
- Systems - ensure accurate coding and record keeping of development expenditure.
- Ability to navigate the financial reporting system in order to produce meaningful reports.
- Prepare and book journals - accruals, prepayments, retentions, interest and intercompany transactions.
- Manage the audit in respect of your development entities.
- Preparation & filing of VAT returns, CIS, Tax.
- Provide meaningful financial data to aid decision making (provide actual spend and track cash spend and WIP against budgets/ forecasts).
- Liaise with project managers to manage the monthly payment process for development contractors.
- Work with the operations team to hand over projects when about to start trading.
- Compliance with reporting requirements for the jurisdiction the development project falls under (manage guarantees and escrow accounts).
- Develop and maintain relationships with counterparts from third parties and challenge incoming information.
- Part qualified and studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- Strong excel skills
- Good accounting knowledge
- Strong academics