Athwal Resourcing is recruiting for a Management Accountant for a 9 months+ contract (maternity cover) with a well-respected business that operates within the retail sector. The role reports directly into the Finance Director and requires full understanding of management/financial accounts and year end processes.
As a key member of the Finance team you will be assisting in the preparing and producing all financial reports and records for the business. Ideally you will be a qualified accountant with demonstrable hands on accounts experience. You will possess excellent analytical skills and be able to prepare management information for both internal and external stakeholders.
The main responsibilities include:
- Timely production of the monthly management accounts, including preparing and postings of accruals/prepayments and monthly journals;
- Preparing KPI's and provide detailed variance analysis of actual costs against budget for the senior management team;
- Responsible for managing a small accounts team;
- Complete and reconcile all balance sheet control accounts and reconciliations, identifying and investigating any differences;
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and annual P11D forms and submit online;
- Liaise with auditors and produce relevant working papers, analysis for the audit file and prepare annual financial accounts;
- Ensure all external submissions to Companies House and bank requests are competed in a timely manner;
- Create a finance manual for standard operating procedures;
- Providing cover for key tasks undertaken within the Accounts office;
- Continuous improvement of internal controls and processes;
- Assist on projects as required by the Finance Director.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Part Qualified/qualified ACMA, ACCA or ACA or QBE;
- At least 3 years hands on experience in preparing management accounts and working on year end accounts;
- Strong Excel and reporting skills including 'pivot tables' and 'v-lookups';
- Ability to communicate and deliver a quality service and to be adaptable under the pressure of tight deadlines.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job