Our client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of exhaust gas control systems for on/off highway and marine diesel engine applications, with its Peterlee operation heading up a "Centre of Competence" for engine air systems. Due to the continued growth of the business, they are looking to recruit an experienced Management Accountant who can work in the Finance Department to assist with business growth going forward.
Reporting to the Group Accountant, you will be an experienced accountant from either private practice, or from a manufacturing background. Ideally you will have strong financial experience and be qualified to ACA/ACCA/CIMA level. You should be able to communicate effectively with other departments within the business and integrate well with the management team. You will have responsibility for a broad range of duties, primarily management reporting, statutory compliance, maintenance of a strong internal control environment and business support.
- Maintaining, interpreting and reporting of timely and accurate financial data to tight deadlines
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual management accountant including meaningful variance analysis and commentary to budgets/forecasts
- Supporting the annual statutory financial statement preparation process under FRS102 and IFRS, liaising with external auditors and the Group parent company
- Interpreting and applying IFRS requirements, to the existing UK GAAPreporting regime and managing the calculations/documentation of that process
- Supporting our risk management process through compliance with the company’s procedures, documentation/testing of controls and maintenance of a strong internal control environment
- Assisting with the management of forex & international transactions, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation
- Assistance in the collation of financial data/reports from fellow Group member companies
- Maintenance of capex forecasts/manning level planning and corresponding business cases
- Management of working capital: stock/inventory, cashflow, debtors, creditors, etc against target/budget, cashflow plans
- Implementation of best practices within the department
- Other varied duties as required by the Group Accountant or Group Finance Director including cover during period of high workloads and absence
- Must have good knowledge of UK GAAP and preferably IFRS
- Must be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Must have worked in a senior finance role for at least 3 years
- Will ideally have experience of working with or within a manufacturing environment
- Must be computer literate with a very good knowledge in the use of Excel/Office/ERP systems
- Must have very good English/communication skills (oral and written)
- Must have strong organisational & time-management skills with good common sense
- Must be methodical, diligent, accurate and accountable
- Must have the ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
- Must have the ability to communicate to and liaise with all levels, including senior management
- Must be assertive with good interpersonal skills
- Must possess an analytical approach to their daily work
- Must be reliable, flexible and trustworthy
A salary is offered in the range between £35,000 to £45,000 per annum, depending on skills & experience. There is also a defined contribution company pension scheme. The successful candidate will be required to work Monday to Friday based on a minimum of 39 hours per week. Occasional additional hours and travelling outside these hours will be expected as part of the job.
If you are interested in this role, please apply at your earliest convenience.
- Management Reporting
- UK GAAP
- Senior Finance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job