Rocksteady is a fast growing, dynamic video games developer, focused on meeting challenging financial goals of a
AAA game studio. The Financial Accountant is part of the production finance team that is responsible
for production accounting, procurement oversight and support for the budgeting and forecasting
The position reports to the Senior Finance Manager who is responsible for all aspects of financial
planning, analysis and operations of the studio. The primary responsibilities of this position will
include accounting for the studio costs and overheads. The position is also responsible for maintaining
the project costs and supporting general ledger entries in SAP as part of the division’s monthly closing
In addition, the role will also have financial planning responsibilities in support of the monthly rolling
forecast. The position requires the ability to view the business at all levels of transactions and
maintain a high degree of flexibility in understanding costs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and manage the monthly cost accounting and close process studio
- Ensure title costs are accurately reflected in SAP general ledger and supporting SAP project module and WBSF cost elements
- Prepare, review and communicate studio overheads by title allocation calculations and journal entries
- Support divisional close process and work closely with EFS accounting team to meet tight deadlines for monthly and quarterly closes
- Maintain and support monthly reconciliations of key accounts such as capitalized film asset values and intangible asset balances
- Oversee studio procurement processes to ensure spending is within budget and properly recorded in the general ledger
- Cooperation with Operational and Procurement departments to make sure that transactions meet the accounting standards
- Regular departmental reports including highlighting any exceptions to budget holders
- Preparation of monthly dashboard with management accounts, financial and operational KPIs
- Maintain SOX control documentation and seek out accounting efficiencies that leverage the finance team resources while enhancing the accounting and cost control environment
- Support major bi-annual budgeting submissions
- Support long term planning effort
- Work and communicate collaboratively across groups and divisions within Warner Bros
- Perform under pressure to meet challenging deadlines
- Work on special projects as required
- Demonstrated experience in general accounting and financial planning.
- Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- B.A. or B.S degree required.
- Certified Accountant - Part of Fully Qualified (ACA / ACCA / CPA / CIMA)
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Must be able to manage and motivate others to perform under stressful conditions.
- Must be able to multi-task, work under tight time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Must have superior computer skills: excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Must have advanced knowledge of SAP, Essbase, MS office suite of applications.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have proficient knowledge of G.A.A.P.
- Private family medical care
- Private dental care
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Long-service holiday reward
- Brand new custom designed studio
- World class training speakers hosted on-site
- Access to multiple online training websites
- On-site subsidised Masseuse, Yoga & Life Drawing
- Quarterly salary adjustment reviews
- Monthly 1on1s with your Line Manager
- Yearly Line Manager & Studio Peer Performance review process
- Film nights in our Mocap theatre
- Subsidised gym in the office complex
- Discounts to WB goodies i.e. HBO, WB films, TV, Harry Potter tour
- Staff only merchandise store
- State of the art office with the entire 150+ team in 1 open-plan room
- Free fruit, juices and soft drinks
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan
- Overseas Relocation Support
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Support Assistance Programme (Free personal counselling and guidance support)
- Finder’s Fee
- Free Eye Test & Discounted Glasses
- Free Seasonal Flu Jab
- Accounting Standards
- Cost Accounting
- Finance Team
- Management Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job