The Emmett group of companies are producers and suppliers of vegetables and salads to the major retailers. Our farms are based in Lincolnshire, Cheshire, East Italy and Southern Spain. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our growing Finance team, the role will be based at the group headquarters at Fosdyke, near Spalding.
Reporting to the UK Financial Controller the successful applicant will take ownership of embedding key financial controls, with particular oversight of the Purchase Ledger, and delivering robust ledger information, alongside responsibilities for producing monthly management accounts for key UK companies. This will require working alongside all levels and areas of the business and developing a strong understanding of the end to end business model.
The key responsibilities of this broad role include:
- Oversight of the Purchase Ledger including direct line management and ensuring VAT is captured correctly
- Preparing monthly financial accounts to strict deadlines
- Reconciling monthly accounts to weekly management information
- Regular balance sheet reconciliations
- Business partnering and providing analysis to business divisions as required
- Maintenance of relevant fixed asset registers
- Managing intercompany transactions in line with transfer pricing arrangements
The ideal candidate will:
- Be part qualified or qualified
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in management accounting
- Have experience of managing people
- Have a strong understanding of financial controls
The scope and future of the role is limited solely to the ability of the successful candidate. In addition to a salary the role includes, private healthcare, gym membership and life assurance.
- Management Accounting
- Direct Line Management
- Monthly Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job