The job role is extremely wide and varied and the individual must be able to manage competing demands for time and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
* Preparation of timely management accounts reports for multiple venues and central departments across the group
* Preparation of monthly reporting packs, variance analysis and commentary for review
* Conducting monthly review meetings with venue/central department managers
* Preparation and posting of month end journals including accruals and prepayments
* Balance sheet maintenance and reconciliations
* KPI reporting
* Year end audit work and liaising with auditors
* Assisting with process improvements in the finance department and across the business to improve/standardise processes and controls across the group
* Improvement in implementation of new systems across the company
* Assisting venues and central departments with companywide annual budgeting and monthly re-forecasting
* Undertake other related projects or duties as required
* Effectively motivate and support other members of the team
* Promote the Group's core values through personal behaviour and by challenging inappropriate behaviour in others
* Work closely with colleagues to develop excellent working practices
To be successful for this role you MUST have the following attributes:-
* A CIMA/ACCA/ACA newly qualified or nearly qualified accountant with a good practical background in an SME business
* Be a highly motivated, hardworking, and focused individual who must be able and willing to roll up their sleeves and do day to day tasks i.e. payment runs, invoice customers
* Have some experience of finance systems and/or process improvement
* Good analytical skills are important and an ability to translate complex data into pragmatic and concise reports is welcome
* Have excellent verbal/written communication skills, negotiation skills and a strong customer focus
This will be a truly development role which will allow the successful individual to gain good exposure to a whole site accounting function and month end in a dynamic and fast paced accounting environment.
If you meet the criteria for this role, and are interested in being put forward please do not hesitate to apply or contact me to discuss.
Elevation Accountancy & Finance focuses on the recruitment of talented Accountancy and Finance professionals across all levels, from entry level trainees through to post qualified accountants.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job