Bramley Health is looking to recruit Male Support Workers to work within a growing and dynamic Team to provide the highest possible standards of care to male adult residents who have mental health issues, learning disabilities, challenging behaviours and users with some complex forensic history.
You will be providing support to vulnerable Male Adults who have a neuro-psychiatric diagnosis and whose behaviours may at times be challenging due to their inappropriate nature and/or physical aggression
Some of Your Principal Duties Will Be To
- Act as an associate key worker to specified individuals and assist in the development of Person Centered Plan to reflect the lifestyles and choices of the service user.
- Participate in assessing needs and planning, facilitating and evaluating the residents’ care programme and reviews. This involves responsibility for carrying out the administrative tasks associated with the care planning recording systems.
- Assist in the assessment of risk and the development of guidelines which aim to manage and reduce risk.
- Support the service users to develop and maintain friendships and relationships with others (including relatives), ensuring you act in a professional and confidential manner at all times.
- Assist in monitoring of health and behaviour of service users reporting any changes to the shift co-ordinator or the service manager.
- Help and support service users to understand and meet their emotional, racial, cultural and religious needs and preferences whilst maintaining their privacy, dignity and respect at all times. Undertake escort duties outside of the home as required.
- Support the service users to plan and choose activities such as trips, leisure pursuits, and educational / vocational trips and accompany them if desired.
- Involve and support the service users in the undertaking of household tasks as appropriate to the individual.
- Be aware of and respond to specific needs arising from the residents gender, age, sexuality and disability.
- Supervise and administer medication in accordance with service policy.
- Administer and record transactions relating to petty cash accordance with the company’s procedure, alerting the Service Manager of any discrepancies or suspicions of financial misdemeanours.
- Actively participate in and provide a full range of rehabilitation support and care that is tailored to each service user.
What Are We Looking for in Candidates?
- Strong interest in helping people to develop their capabilities and independence
- Patience: The service users often start from low capabilities and may make slow and limited progress
- Commitment: Service Users benefit from a stable and supportive team
- Professionalism: Coolness, self-control and authority under pressure. You will be dealing with Service Users that occasionally can become very challenging
- Incisive understanding of people and what may drive behaviours.
- Willingness to take on any issue, for example sometimes Service Users will need help with cleanliness issues and personal care
- Supportive of others in the team, always there to give back-up in tight knit working groups
- Natural robustness, both in case of some potential physical confrontation and also bouncing back where there are set-backs with Service Users
- High levels of ethics and morality including strong commitment to 'doing things right’
What You Will Need
- At least a year's worth of experience of working with people with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours
- Willing to have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
- Willingness to learn and undertake all mandatory training
- Good and proven communication skills are essential
- You must be able to communicate verbally with adults with learning disabilities
- Able to work under own initiative
- Flexible with hours of work
- Willing to cover shifts at short notice
- Willingness to learn about CQC/Care Standards
Some Benefits We Offer:
- 5.6 weeks holiday including bank holidays
- A Great Team and Environment to work in.
- Free Onsite-Parking (depending on your location of work)
- Company pension scheme- Up to 5% Employer’s contributions
- Child Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Refer a friend Scheme with financial incentives.
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Learning Disabilities
- Personal Care
- Social Care
- Mental Health Care
- Support Workers