During this exciting time of growth, we’re recruiting for the post of an Administration Manager to make a unique contribution within our senior management team at Maidstone.
Main duties and responsibilities:
– Comply with all relevant Company strategy, policy, procedure, and local protocol
– Develop/implement/review local protocols in keeping with Company administrative standards
– Provide all appropriate reasonable support to the Hospital Management Team at Maidstone in their diverse roles
– Be responsible for aspects of the administration budget
– Assisting in business development/marketing activities
– Line manage administration staff and be responsible for all personnel aspects relating to the department
To provide administrative support to Hospital Manager and General Manager including but not confined to:
– Taking action on outstanding issues when requested to do so
– Maintain filing systems in good order;
– Collating details required for various audit activities, as advised from time to time, e.g. complaints, patient satisfaction, telephone calls answered percentages
– Taking minutes at meetings as required, e.g. Board, Management Team, General Staff, etc. (as required)
– Attending all induction/training offered to facilitate fulfilment of duties
– Participating in the personal Annual Performance Review process
– Administering and keeping various records, e.g. Consultants’ credentials.
– Agree and work within the budget for printing and stationery, admin equipment
– Maintenance, staffing, telephones, and books/subscriptions
– Maintain stock of stationery/printed items;
– Liaise with colleagues and suppliers to facilitate the above.
– Maintain up-to-date marketing database; undertake marketing-related activity under the direction, e.g. mailshots, social events for the Hospital etc.
– Co-ordinating arrangements for active programme of such events
– Co-ordinate arrangements for seminars for appropriate groups: General Practitioners, Consultants, ancillary clinicians and others
– Deal with enquiries/potential clients of the unit (by telephone and other means)
– Administer patient interview/questionnaire system, collating resulting feedback
Management of Administration Department
– Ensuring there is adequate staff available to complete the tasks required to agreed standards.
– Maintain records of staff absence in accordance with Company Policy and Procedures for absence management
– In consultation with the General Manager, comply with Company Policy and Procedures, for the Recruitment and Retention of Staff
– Ensure effective Induction of new staff in accordance with the Company Procedures
– Monitor staff performance in accordance with the Company Procedures for Annual Performance Review
– In consultation with the General Manager and in accordance with the local Training Plan, arrange any statutory training required by staff
– Ensure all staff follow the instructions for safe working in the department, and comply with all Company Policy and Procedures which apply
– Facilitate effective working relationships with staff, and between departments
– Ensure all telephones are answered by self and responsible staff within 3 rings in a professional and competent manner
– To ensure self and responsible staff appear professional and smart in dress and appearance
Educational and Supervisory
– To take part in supervision and appraisals as per procedure
– To supervise and appraise staff as directed when appropriately trained
– To attend all mandatory training and extra training as deemed appropriate by Line Manager
– To be a ‘self starter’ in identifying training/development opportunities
– To ensure staff attend mandatory training and arrange venue’s, event’s and compliance databases as required.
– Duties as detailed may vary from time to time. The Job description is not exclusive and is subject to annual review.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job