During this exciting time of growth, we’re recruiting for the post of an Administration Manager to make a unique contribution within our senior management team at Bury.
Main duties and responsibilities:
– Comply with all relevant Company strategy, policy, procedure, and local protocol
– Develop/implement/review local protocols in keeping with Company administrative standards
– Provide all appropriate reasonable support to the Hospital Management Team at Bury in their diverse roles
– Be responsible for aspects of the administration budget
– Assisting in business development/marketing activities
– Line manage administration staff and be responsible for all personnel aspects relating to the department
To provide administrative support to Hospital Manager and General Manager including but not confined to:
– Taking action on outstanding issues when requested to do so
– Maintain filing systems in good order;
– Collating details required for various audit activities, as advised from time to time, e.g. complaints, patient satisfaction, telephone calls answered percentages
– Taking minutes at meetings as required, e.g. Board, Management Team, General Staff, etc. (as required)
– Attending all induction/training offered to facilitate fulfilment of duties
– Participating in the personal Annual Performance Review process
– Administering and keeping various records, e.g. Consultants’ credentials.
– Agree and work within the budget for printing and stationery, admin equipment
– Maintenance, staffing, telephones, and books/subscriptions
– Maintain stock of stationery/printed items;
– Liaise with colleagues and suppliers to facilitate the above.
– Maintain up-to-date marketing database; undertake marketing-related activity under the direction, e.g. mailshots, social events for the Hospital etc.
– Co-ordinating arrangements for active programme of such events
– Co-ordinate arrangements for seminars for appropriate groups: General Practitioners, Consultants, ancillary clinicians and others
– Deal with enquiries/potential clients of the unit (by telephone and other means)
– Administer patient interview/questionnaire system, collating resulting feedback
Management of Administration Department
– Ensuring there is adequate staff available to complete the tasks required to agreed standards.
– Maintain records of staff absence in accordance with Company Policy and Procedures for absence management
– In consultation with the General Manager, comply with Company Policy and Procedures, for the Recruitment and Retention of Staff
– Ensure effective Induction of new staff in accordance with the Company Procedures
– Monitor staff performance in accordance with the Company Procedures for Annual Performance Review
– In consultation with the General Manager and in accordance with the local Training Plan, arrange any statutory training required by staff
– Ensure all staff follow the instructions for safe working in the department, and comply with all Company Policy and Procedures which apply
– Facilitate effective working relationships with staff, and between departments
– Ensure all telephones are answered by self and responsible staff within 3 rings in a professional and competent manner
– To ensure self and responsible staff appear professional and smart in dress and appearance
Educational and Supervisory
– To take part in supervision and appraisals as per procedure
– To supervise and appraise staff as directed when appropriately trained
– To attend all mandatory training and extra training as deemed appropriate by Line Manager
– To be a ‘self starter’ in identifying training/development opportunities
– To ensure staff attend mandatory training and arrange venue’s, event’s and compliance databases as required.
– Duties as detailed may vary from time to time. The Job description is not exclusive and is subject to annual review.