Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 47 countries, employing about 45,000 staff.Job Description
Please note that the working hours for this role are as follows: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.30 with evening and weekend on call duties.
A role at Eurofins is challenging and varied each and every day. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package to reward our great people for all the hard work they do.
- This role will be responsible for the Northern Food & Water laboratories. You will provide support in ensuring consolidation projects can be implemented without incident.
- Act as the main communication channel between drivers and Logistics Manager.
- Some travel between labs in the north will be needed at times to meet the driving team.
- Plan client collection requests as efficiently as possible using Logistics planning system
- Ensuring all drivers have reported for duty and reporting and covering any none attendance immediately.
- Ensuring drivers are working within driving and working time legal limits.
- Carry out stage one investigations and disciplinary’s.
- Some monthly reporting for KPI’s will required.
- Ensure the logistics operation stays within budget and use of 3rd party couriers, hire vehicles and agency drivers is kept to a minimum whilst still meeting client SLA’s.
- Manage via Water driving team the audits of network of client drop off points.
- Ensure all drivers have correct documentation/keys/fuel card and equipment such as Satnav, works mobile, building entry tags and toll tags at start of shift. Act on anomalies straight away.
- Ensuring delivery of consumables to clients in liaison with the despatch team.
- Liaise with the fleet support / company breakdown provider for recovery of vehicles in the case of breakdown or accidents.
- Carrying out site and logistics inductions & driving assessments for all new starters and agency drivers when Lead Drivers aren’t available.
- To carry out training logs & driving license checks.
- Checking and consolidating all the drivers’ paperwork the start of each shift ensuring all audit guidelines are met.
- Coordinating receipt and return of hire vehicles in liaison with the Logistics Senior Planner for service/breakdown cover.
- Handling immediate driver operational issues such as fuel card refusal.
- Ensure all driver paperwork is completed with a high degree of accuracy, with recording of temperature and time records on a daily record sheet and use of the in vehicle Big Change communication system.
- Ensure collections are returned to site safely and securely and drivers are following health & safety protocol.
- Provide out of hours cover and support, sharing this duty with senior planner (weekend on call duties will apply).
- Make sure all vehicles are parked overnight at the normal place of work and any off duty periods.
- Ensure drivers are carrying out daily vehicle checks, oil, water etc and reporting any defects in a timely manner.
- Spot check the company vans to ensure all drivers are reporting accidents and defects and cleanliness of the fleet is maintained.
- Proven experience with a Transport Planning environment.
- Strong geographical knowledge of the North Of England.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong understanding of driver compliance and regulations.
In return you can expect a competitive salary, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, good team and working environment, life assurance and other benefits such as Perkbox, car parking and employee assistance programme.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'