Caspian One are currently working with one of the world largest financial institutions, looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to join an already established, yet expanding team.
This role is working Sunday- Thursday 4am - 1pm.
This role is situated within the Systems Stability Engineering team, which manages a large and diverse fleet of Linux, Windows, Solaris, and AIX servers, handling all aspects of operating system administration including configuration management, task orchestration, kernel and performance tunables, and filesystems.
The successful candidate will get to work with modern, open-source tooling while maintaining mission-critical systems hosting a wide array of applications.
The purpose of this role is to provide world class systems management and engineering skills for this global Linux/Unix and Windows computing environment.
- Extensive experience showing progressive levels of responsibility within the realm of systems administration engineering
- Experience with interpreted languages (such as Python, Ruby, Perl) and shell scripting (ksh or bash ideal)
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience working in a 24/7 production engineering organization
- Must function as a member of a team and thrive in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven systems environment
- Ability to implement basic tunables and network settings using configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, CFEngine, Puppet, etc.)
- History of working with industry-standard tools such as Chef, SaltStack, and Foreman to manage and maintain provisioning and configuration standards
- Experience with LVM and network-based enterprise filesystem management
- Experience with creating and improving documented procedures to prevent and reduce the severity of outages
- Prior involvement in coordinating activities with vendors such as software and firmware bug reporting and remediation