Driver / Surveyor
Gigaclear is a high growth company delivering fibre-optic broadband to underserved rural communities in England. Started in 2010, the company is expanding rapidly across England. With head offices based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire and a significant proportion of staff based in the field Gigaclear currently has over 200 employees and is pursuing ambitious growth plans.
Purpose of the job
This role predominantly involves driving the Lidar survey vehicle and assisting the surveyors with their duties i.e. setting up survey equipment. Please note that this role will require driving to areas such as Devon, Somerset, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire. It will require someone who is flexible in terms of hours worked and may involve overnight stays. As well as driving to these locations it will involve driving around rural locations for surveying purposes.
Key Accountability & Responsibilities
- Driving the Gigaclear survey vehicle
- Meeting surveyors on location (UK wide)
- Helping the surveyors set up the Lidar survey equipment
- Onsite surveying
- Over-night responsibility for the Lidar equipment
Knowledge & Skills
Ideally you will have surveying, planning, design knowledge - we are designing, planning and building a fibre network to serve rural areas with ultrafast fibre optic broadband. Previous surveying knowledge within the Telecoms sector would be desirable.
You must have full, clean, UK driving licence
- We are effective and passionate in what we do
- We are speedy and responsive to colleagues and customers
- We are clear and open with all
- We deliver a transformational experience
- We are in a shared endeavour and will succeed together
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"