Are you an Licensed animal technician looking for a new role ASAP?
Then look no further as an Licensed Animal Technician role has arisen in Exeter. Our Client is looking a somebody to join there busy and established team. You will be supporting the team by maintaining animal husbandry and supporting the operational needs of a multitude of research projects.
What does the role entail?
- Responsible for the care, welfare and husbandry of rodents.
- Work within defined Standard Operational Procedures (SOP's).
- Responsible for effectively maintaining animal record management systems including the database systems.
- Performing procedure on laboratory animal using your home office license.
- Maintenance of breeding colonies and accurate record keeping of rodent breeding programmes.
- Perform excellent house-keeping, storage and equipment maintenance.
- Performing general health checks on the animals.
- Participate in suitable training programs.
- Participate in the out of hour's rota and be part of the on call rota for emergencies.
What Experience and Qualifications do I need?
To apply for the role of an Experienced Animal Technician, you will need to have the following experience and qualifications:
- IAT Level 2 qualifications or equivalent.
- Experience of working with laboratory animals.
- PIL Licence Holder (Modules A - B).
- Working knowledge of the Animal Scientific Procedures Act.
- The ability to follow set procedures with a keen eye for detail.
- A genuine passion for working with animals and their welfare.
To proceed with your application for this role, simply apply to this advert, or alternatively you can send you're most recent up to date CV
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted. All successful applications are subject to S3 Science's stringent vetting and security checks.
S3 Science is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.