Our client, one of the most famous libraries in London is looking for Library Assistant's to offer extra support during their busy Easter period. We are looking for candidates with excellent customer service skills or retail experience to work for our client at this renowned heritage site.
This role is to deal with customer enquiries and help with book requests by using a cataloguing system. You must be available for a fixed period from staff 19/03/2018-13/04/2018 (4 weeks but this may extend by a further 2 weeks) This could also lead to further longer-term opportunities. The role is paying £9.15 per hour.
The working hours available are below and you must be able to commit to the FULL fixed period (19/03/2018-13/04/2018) and should send your availability and the hours you can work when applying. You would also need to be available for our recruitment selection day on 13th February 2018.
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Monday to Thursday 12pm to 8pm and Friday 9am-5pm
- Monday to Saturday 9am to 5pm with every Tuesday off
- Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm
- Monday to Friday 10am to 2pm
- Monday to Friday 1pm to 5pm
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Retail, customer service or previous library experience
* A keen interest in a library environment
* An enthusiastic approach to working
You may be a graduate or student with some knowledge of a working library and its services. This could be from your academic background or from employment in a similar library or retail environment.
Please send your CV with a brief covering statement to demonstrate how your skills and experience match the above requirements.
Step Ahead is acting as an Employment Agency
Step Ahead is committed to preventing discrimination in its recruitment practices by stimulating genuine equality of opportunity. This means that everyone is treated solely on the basis of competence and merit, regardless of age, gender, marital status, sexuality, ethnic, racial, religious or disability considerations, and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.