By placing the customer at the heart of our organisation, we aim to provide complete satisfaction, and we depend on our employees to deliver this. We look for people who are excited by the prospect of working in a dynamic business that operates in a fast-moving, challenging environment, and who wants to use their skills and ambition to help drive our company forward.
NR Evans, part of the NFT Group is looking to recruit LGV Class C+E Drivers at the Amesbury Depot. Various shift patterns are available, including weekend working.
As an LGV Driver for NR Evans you will be responsible for delivering goods safely to depots and returning to base according to the plan whilst adhering to all legal and safety requirements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the tractor and trailer unit are road legal
- Responsible for filling in the check sheets and report any defects to the Team Managers
- Responsible for logging defects into the defect books
- Ensuring the safety of the load and that you have the correct load and paperwork
- Responsible for the accurate completion of all Tachograph entries - legal requirement
- Responsible for taking breaks according to legislation to avoid infringements- legal requirement
- To act responsibly on the road at all times and to drive in a fuel efficient manner
- Responsible for keeping the depot informed of any issues during the shift
Candidates should have proven experience in driving articulated vehicles and have good geographic knowledge of UK roads.
The successful candidates will hold an LGV C+E licence with an up to date CPC qualification and have a good geographical knowledge of the UK. Candidates require a working knowledge of EU Drivers Hours Regulations and the Road Transport Directive regulations governing working time. Drivers are responsible for understanding Tachograph laws, rules and regulations of the road.