We are looking to recruit LGV Class C+E Drivers to join the team at our Amesbury Depot on a new '5 on 2 off’ shift pattern which will include weekend working.
As an LGV Driver you will be an ambassador for NR Evans; in direct contact with our customer and members of the general public as you ensure the safe and timely delivery of our day to day operational plan, adhering to all legislative and safety requirements.
An average of 10 hours per day, 5 days out of 7 this new shift pattern offers greater earnings potential inclusive of additional payments linked to set criteria. Flexibility is a key part of the role as being a 24/7 operation means we are always on the go!
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- ensuring the tractor and trailer unit are road legal
- filling in the check sheets and report any defects to the Team Managers
- logging defects into the defect books
- ensuring the safety of the load and that you have the correct load and paperwork
- accurate completion of all tachograph entries
- taking breaks according to legislation to avoid infringements
- act responsibly on the road at all times and to drive in a fuel efficient manner
- keeping the depot informed of any issues during the shift
The successful candidates will have an LGV C+E licence and up to date CPC qualification together with proven experience of driving articulated vehicles and good geographic knowledge of UK roads. Experience of driving double deck trailers would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given.
We ask that our drivers operate in accordance with our professional standards and have a working knowledge of EU Drivers Hours Regulations and the Road Transport Directive regulations governing working time.
Drivers are responsible for understanding tachograph laws, rules and regulations of the road.
Salary: Earnings potential of circa £36,992.80