12 months FTC - Permanent
We are delighted to be representing a leading law firm based in Wokingham. Our client are proud to offer their clients high quality advice as well as striving for traditional values. They are looking to recruit a dynamic, articulate and strong team player who is ideally searching for role that can offer variety, progression and support. The successful candidate will have a "can do" attitude with a pro active and responsible approach, not to mention a high attention to detail and most importantly a strong work ethic that shows loyalty, punctuality and ambition to work with like minded colleagues.
This role will be supporting the whole organisation; working from one site to another therefore we will require flexibility within travel and hours. You will work alongside other float secretaries managing each others workload and ensuring each department has continuous support. This role would suit someone who is looking for exposure within a law firm, who has a relevant degree and ideally wants to progress a career within the industry or someone who has experience working within a legal firm.
- Prioritise daily workloads, in conjunction with other members of staff to ensure key priorities are met.
- Type all Digital Dictation
- Prepare correspondence, documents, e-mails, faxes
- Perform diary management duties
- Use computer software system as provided
- Ensure efficient use of firm's IT equipment for case work, diary and administration.
- Pay in and draw cheques.
- Assist fee earners with preparation of client bills.
- Ensure excellent client service via all mediums used by firm e.g. telephone, internet, e-mails.
- Assist department within office with the answering of incoming calls and taking messages where appropriate.
- Ensure all client files comply with client care processes.
- Complete internal administration/account forms under fee earners' direction.
- Ensure photocopying is carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with research as instructed by fee earners via the Internet.
- Ensure compliance with the firm's archiving procedures in order that completed files can be sent to outside storage in a timely manner.
- Assist temporary staff/firm's float secretaries in the department with general office queries.
- Ensure fee earners' post and DX is sent out daily.
- Assisting cashiers if required, including doing the banking etc.
- Deal with clients and other contacts in a professional manner.
- Effective participation in Departmental meetings
- Treat all staff with courtesy and consideration.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consider and discuss with Head of Department, through Performance Reviews training/coaching requirements in order that agreed personal objectives can be met.
- Undertake agreed training/coaching and utilise it effectively in the day to day work activities.
- Improve I.T. literacy.
- Improve effective time management skills.
- Improve teamwork skills.
- Ensure any IT training requirements are highlighted and advised to the HR Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good working knowledge of office procedures.
- Good spelling and word comprehension.
- Good working knowledge of computer software system used by the firm, including Office 2010.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of team.
- Good communication skills including excellent telephone manner.
If you think this fantastic opportunity is going to compliment your next career move then please contact me on or email your CV to
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.