ACS are now recruiting a Legal Secretary/Paralegal to cover Maternity Leave in an office based in Liverpool City Centre
Key tasks include:
- Undertake fee-earning work under supervision. In particular: -
- File creation
- Generation of suitable client care correspondence
- Dealing with anti-money laundering requirements and checking source of funds
- Taking instructions from clients
- Investigating legal ownership of property
- Advising clients of any incurred cost, such as stamp duty and legal fees
- Conducting 'searches'
- Drafting contracts
- Liaising with mortgage lenders
- Preparing transfer documents including, where appropriate, leases and mortgages
- Preparing financial statements
- Advising clients, orally, in writing and by telephone, in the office and elsewhere
- Dealing with post completion requirements including filing stamp duty return online and filing land registry applications on the Land Registry portal and file closure, and
- Running own case load under supervision of the Supervising Director
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience working in conveyancing
- High word-processing skills
- Confident and organised individual who is able to work on their own initiative
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and case management systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Hours: 9:00AM to 5:00PM, Monday to Friday, 1 hour for lunch
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'