A top UK law firm is recruiting an experienced Family PA supporting the Head of Department and two fee earners.
You should have a minimum 3 years’ experience within a law firm and be looking for a challenging, diverse new role.
- Perform legal secretarial functions, including formatting, entering edits and producing legal documents - e.g., pleadings, advice memos and correspondence - to a high standard and sometimes under time pressure to meet filing deadlines.
- Prepare and proof-read documents and correspondence from handwritten material, rough copy or digital dictation. When appropriate, edit documents for proper phrasing and grammar to improve the flow of the message without altering the meaning. May reformat, spell check and finalise lawyer work product as appropriate.
- Organise international travel (to include travel itineraries, flights (or train), accommodation, transfers and currency).
- Effectively and efficiently make appointments, coordinate dates, times and locations (sometimes across several time zones) for meetings and telephone conference calls.
- Extensive diary management and coordination to accommodate changes in circumstances and ensure all appropriate individuals are informed of changes.
- Participate in administrative support for hearings, including the preparation of bundles, logistics, and collation of other hearing materials.
- Prepare PowerPoint slides.
- Prepare partner expenses for reimbursement.
- Perform other such duties that may be assigned.
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills.
- Excellent typing speed (60 wpm).
- Excellent knowledge of formatting large documents and pleadings.
- Excellent knowledge of legal practices.
- High level accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a similar role in a law firm.
- Educated to A-Level standard/secretarial ILEX, and equivalent technical knowledge/work experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English, including spelling and grammar.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and perform under pressure.
- A proactive and team orientated work-ethic.
- A congenial and client-friendly attitude.
- A flexible approach to working outside normal hours.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.