We have an opportunity for a Lecturer inWood Trades to join the team based at Crawley College on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £28,128 - £31,659 per annum plus £610 College Weighting.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
As our Lecturer in Wood Trades your role will be to design, teach and monitor specific courses within the faculty/campus and to undertake 864 hours teaching annually.
Our Lecturer in Wood Trades duties and key responsibilities:
- Work as a member of a team to design specific courses, ensuring coverage of the syllabus and standardised delivery across the team.
- Organise the implementation of courses in line with college and awarding body guidelines
- To ensure that final grades and outcomes for students are agreed and reported in a way that meets college and awarding body timescales
- Support the Programme Manager through the delivery to students of IAG, course interviews and enrolment
- Plan schemes of work and lessons and place on VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) e.g. Blackboard/Moodle
- Assess student learning and monitor and track student progress across courses using the Individual Learning Plan (ILP)
- Keep accurate records of attendance/ assessments/achievements
- Ensure implementation of assessment policy
- Review individual student performance at agreed points in the year and complete ‘at risk’ procedures
- Take remedial action with students who are ‘at risk’ of not achieving
- Undertake Internal Verification/moderation in line with awarding body guidelines
- Contribute to self assessment process
- Ensure regular reporting systems are followed
- Write reports for students, parents and employers
- Deliver classes of both a theoretical and practical nature
- Undertake agreed continuous professional development
- Complete student reviews and contribute towards the ILP process where required
- Complete student UCAS references and assist with Personal Statements where required
Skills & Experience required of our Lecturer in Wood Trades:
- Relevant industry or subject experience
- Previous teaching experience
- Professional and/or academic qualifications in the relevant teaching discipline at level 3 or higher as appropriate, with the level being dependent upon the subject level to be taught
- A teaching qualification equivalent to DTLLS /Cert Ed/PGCE
- QTLS status (where required)
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Level 2 qualifications in English and Mathematics
Benefits of working with Crawley College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more.
We also support and encourage continuous professional development (CPD) in the workplace and recognise the importance of maintaining motivated and highly skilled staff. Throughout the year, we hold regular staff development days and there are opportunities for staff to undertake additional training and attend relevant seminars to further support professional development.
Closing date: 14 February 2018
Interview date: TBC
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Lecturer in Wood Trades, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.