A global media agency are on the lookout for a Lead Data Scientist with excellent hands on Python or R skills as well as the ability to lead a team and turn an idea into a solution.
The role comes as part of a major investment to double the existing data science team to 16 people and you'll lead a team focussed on the operational delivery of data science projects for some of the biggest names in the world.
The possibilities are endless and the data is vast but current areas of interest are focussed on Neural Networks and Deep Learning, particularly in regards to image recognition.
Current weapon of choice is Python with some R and C++ used depending on the circumstance and a comprehensive blend of AWS, MongoDB, Spark, Hadoop and GCP as the data infrastructure.
- Research & develop methods and lead investigations for measuring and analysing multiple streams of data
- Lead, mentor and train a growing team of mid-, junior-data scientists, developers and analysts.
- Report and present findings and developments including results clearly and efficiently, verbally and in writing
- Develop distributed and scalable software solutions to build data pipelines and produce interactive visualisations
- Write infrastructure as code and carry out automated tests before deploying to production systems
- Implement solutions using various algorithms and enhance existing systems through efficient optimisations
- Contribution to open source projects and strong publication history will an added advantage Qualifications
- A doctorate or equivalent experience in in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Mathematics or quantitative discipline
- Professional experience in a data scientist or a related software engineering role
- Competence to commission, interrogate, deploy, and assure advanced predictive analytics and machine learning models, such as Bayesian models, natural language processing and reinforcement learning
- Comfortable mining unstructured data and ingesting data from various sources such as REST/SOAP frameworks
- Familiarity with computer vision paradigms will be a good to have
- Experience with popular data analytics and modelling packages.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with optimization, data mining, machine learning, deep learning and natural language processing techniques
- A passion for innovating with data science at scale - applying modern or novel algorithms to massive datasets and creating measurable business value
- Ability to personally put together a system of 'disjointed' components that implements a working solution to the problem
You will also have:
- Experience in building highly scalable software solutions various using software architecture
- Experience in various types of programming (imperative, object oriented, functional and declarative)
- Experience working in a multi-threaded & concurrent environment and with non-blocking & event based systems
- Have knowledge of Software Design Patterns and Enterprise Architecture Patterns
- Strong knowledge of automation tools and testing tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Selenium)
- Have used continuous integration, version control systems and cloud based services (e.g. Windows Azure, Amazon AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with a wide variety of open source tools to carry out data warehousing
- An understanding of rapid application development approaches and techniques for mission critical solutions
This role is not an imaginary lead role you may see elsewhere, some of your team members are already in place so don't delay in taking that next step up in your career to lead an advanced data science team, apply now!
- Machine Learning
- Neural Networks
- Data Science
- deep learning