We are recruiting for an LC-MS/MS Analyst to join a client in Manchester on a permanent basis.
Our client is a contract analytical laboratory specialising in problem solving and analytical development. They have an extensive range of chromatographic and mass spectrometric instrumentation and require 2 LC-MS/MS Analysts to join the team.
What you’ll do:
You will be analysing samples from various clients including (but not limited to) pharma and agrochemicals.
Core duties for the LC-MS/MS Analyst role are:
- Be conversant with the Company Health and Safety Policy and work in accordance with Company Operating Procedures.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Report any difficulties/problems in following documented procedures to the Scientific or Technical Director prior to making any change/modification. Any change/modification must be authorised by a Director.
- Be conversant with the content of the Company Quality Manual and carry out work in accordance with such at all times.
- Maintain an accurate record of all analytical data generated in personal lab book, equipment lab book or study record as appropriate together with any associated quality assurance data.
- Prepare client samples for analysis including the relevant and appropriate use of standards.
- Use instrumentation (after having been approved/trained) to acquire and process data for client samples.
- Report data in client reports.
- Maintain instrumentation at agreed performance standards and/or report faults/failures to a Company Director.
- Validate methods as agreed/directed by supervisor/Director.
- Liase with clients as directed regarding ongoing laboratory work, technical queries etc.
- When required all work related conducted in support of GLP studies must be performed in compliance with UK GLP regulations
You will report to the Laboratory Operations Manager.
One of the LC-MS/MS Analyst roles will include additional duties to support the QA Manager:
·To undertake only critical phase inspections of on-going GLP studies should the Quality Manager be absent for a prolonged time.
·You will undertake internal audits.
·In this role you will report directly to the Facilities Manager.
As an experienced LC-MS/MS Analyst essential requirements are:
·A minimum of 2 years experience running Waters LC-MS/MS (triple quads)
·Experience of Masslynx and/or UNIFI software
Desirable attributes for the LC-MS/MS Analyst:
·Experience using Waters QToF
·Working in a GxP or similar environment
·Experience interpreting MS data
·Experience/knowledge of organic synthesis in relation to interpreting MS data
The package is as follows:
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 depending on experience, with generous quarterly AND annual bonus opportunities, a good% contribution pension and 24(+8 bank) holidays a year.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
- Analytical Chemistry
- Mass Spectrometry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job