We are looking for an experienced laser operative who wants a long term career in a well-respected engineering company in Rotherham.
Paying £12.00 to £14.00 per hour. THIS IS A TEMP to PERM ROLE.
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm, Friday 7am to 4pm.
Overtime hours during the week is paid at time and a quarter and weekend work is paid at time and a half.
This is a day shift role, however, there may be a need to work a night shift in the future.
- You MUST have previous experience operating a laser machine
- You MUST be able to use machine based software as required to support CAD programming
- Ideally you will be able to use or be prepared to be trained in the use of, a modern CNC Pressbrake machine
- Ensure laser cutting and Pressbrake machinery, and any other manufacturing machinery, is running to its optimum at all times, ensuring maximum output whilst keeping a high standard of quality and safety.
- Assisting with stock control of all raw materials and consumables, making sure the systems known as ‘Inventory’ and ‘Progress’ are kept up to date.
- Managing shop floor materials and stock levels both for full size sheets and off-cut remnants.
- Achieving the agreed cut quality of customer orders
- Keeping the production area clean, safe and tidy at all times.