At Envigo, we are working together to build a healthier and safer world, we exist to help our customers secure the potential of their research and develop products that enhance and enrich life.
Our team in the Pharmacy Department at our site in Shardlow, Derbyshire are looking for a Technician - 6 month contract, to safety test a variety of products including agro crop and other chemicals. You would be part of a small team within a very busy successful department.
This role is to ensure that the day to day procedures as laid down by your departmental manager or senior technician are followed within the department, the procedures must be performed in a professional manner to the highest standard of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) in line with the current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
As a Test Item Technician at Envigo your main responsibilities will be:
- Assist with the booking in of all test items, vehicles, miscellaneous items, reference items, formulations and radioactive items received into TIC, ensuring this procedure is performed in compliance with the current SOP.
- Inform your manager of any issues arising from the receipt of test items, vehicles, miscellaneous items, reference items, formulations, and radioactive items.
- Book in to the database system, issue controlled drugs housed in TIC and in the satellite stores and take controlled drugs back into TIC. Consult with your manager if any discrepancies are noted.
- Ensure all items are stored at the correct storage temperature within TIC.
- Assist in sub-sampling of test items.
- Prepare paperwork and packages for the of-site transfer of dangerous and none dangerous goods ensuring they meet the appropriate regulation. Learn the DHL shipping system.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly disposal of test items.
- Assist in the locating, monitoring, and eventual disposing of Reference items, Vehicle, Vehicle formulations and Miscellaneous items.
- Assist in the barrelling up of the test item using the packing information supplied by your manager with regard filling, marking and labelling of packages to meet the transport regulation.
- Attend internal training sessions in order to ensure full compliance with the movement of dangerous goods by Road.
- Re-issue any documentation that requires re-issuing when required to do so.
- Amend expiry date and other container information when required to do so.
- Take test items back from the Satellite stores ensuring that the correct documentation (Record of Usage Form) has been brought back with the test item.
The skills and experience we’re looking for are:
- Some laboratory experience would be an advantage but not essential
- 'A' level Chemistry or equivalent.
- Full training will be given
- Attention to detail essential