The Laboratory Instrument Support Engineer will be accountable for supporting the co-ordination of site operations for all laboratory equipment under contract. This will include data management, instrument supplier liaison and logistics, along with the core function of on-site engineering support.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
· Give on-site engineering support for self-delivery in HPLC and GC in accordance with current processes and validation requirements
· Liaise with facility users on general instrument issues
· Perform co-ordination with site operators, groups & users
· Ensure standards for Instrument decommission & commissioning
· Support and manage trainees in scheduling equipment calibration/service, meet, greet and inductions.
· Manage and control the services to the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets
· Nurture client relationships in order to stabilize them and develop them for long term partnerships and growth
· Identify opportunities for organic growth and new business
· Liaise with contracts team to ensure agreements are in place and services delivered on time
· Be responsible for Laboratory services document management
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
· An appropriate level of engineering experience in maintaining Agilent HPLC & GC systems
· Experience in maintaining alternative HPLC & GC manufacturer's i.e. Waters, PE or other laboratory equipment i.e. FTIR, UV
· Pharmaceutical Industry experience
· Experience working in a standards/compliance, GxP environment
· Ability to represent the team at Client meetings
· Excellent relationship management abilities at all levels
· Manage escalation of issues to achieve a suitable conclusion
· Understanding of Quality Management System (QMS)
· Understanding of chemicals and hazards
· Degree in Science/Engineering discipline
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global organisation that employs 35,000 people to deliver integrated management services to clients at over 2000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST41692 in all correspondence.