The position is for a Learning Support Assistant to join the school working predominantly in a Year 1 class. The pupil is on the Autistic Spectrum and requires support with core learning as well as motor skill development. There are also slight Speech & Language support needs so any previous experience with this would be highly beneficial, although not an absolute requirement.
Hours will be 8:30-3.30 pm on Monday to Friday and it will be a long term contract until the end of the academic year if successful. Pay will be between £60-£70 per day.
To Be Successful...
Candidates with the following are more likely to be shortlisted:
- Previous experience working with young people on the ASC Spectrum
- Understanding of PEC's or Makaton or BSL would certainly be beneficial
- Teaching Assistant related qualifications or a Undergraduate Degree
- Personality at this school is important, school like Support Staff who go the extra mile
- Able to commit long term until the end of the academic year
Please contact Molly, the York Primary Specialist Consultant who is based in our Hull office, on if you think you meet the requirements for this role.
If shortlisted you will receive a call back within 4 working days of applying to the job role.
We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- SEN special educational needs key stage two ks2 primary school support assistant teaching ks1 key stage one year 1