Knowledge Exchange Manager (Beef & Lamb) (North West)
Role title: Knowledge Exchange Manager
Sector: Beef & Lamb
Independent of both industry and government, the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board has a crucial role to play in Britain’s agricultural sector. Our mission is to inspire farmers and growers to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
The Beef and Lamb Knowledge Exchange teams purpose is to act as the first point of contact in the regions for both levy payers and stakeholders in order to inform them of the work of AHDB Beef & Lamb and to deliver a range of technical and business improvement activities that are targeted to levy payers in order for them to improve their businesses.
You will manage the delivery of our KE activity, coordinate programmes, engage with stakeholder bodies and deliver events/resources through the farm excellence and digital platforms. Working closely with beef & lamb farmers and industry partners throughout the North West, you will provide a direct link to AHDB
A skilled networker and organiser, you will combine exceptional interpersonal skills with good operational knowledge of the British livestock farming. The development of stakeholder relationships including industry groups, auctions, processors, vets, media and opinion formers, as well as producers, will be crucial to your success. Naturally, you will be strongly focused on results, very team oriented and passionate about making a difference, and you will be fully capable of prioritising a complex workload. Furthermore, since you will be field-based and travel extensively, it is essential that you have a full driving licence.
• Ability to develop working relationships with key stakeholders e.g. NFU, NSA, NBA
• Experience of developing effective KE networks and innovative approaches
• Practical experience of facilitating and delivering KE activities at farmer/processor meetings
• Agricultural qualification (Desirable)
• Relevant livestock industry experience and able to demonstrate knowledge of beef and lamb production
• Can demonstrate a desire and willingness to actively develop own skills and knowledge
• Results driven individual, with experience of achieving operational targets
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract up to 12 months.
Hours: Full Time (35 hours per week) but will consider part time for the appropriate candidate
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'