Key Account Manager - Electrical / SDA
Up to £25,000 Plus Bonus
DMD are recruiting for a Key Account Manager / Sales Manager on behalf of a leading electrical and small domestic appliance supplier in Manchester. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is driven and wants to join a thriving successful business with exciting growth plans.
Purpose of the Role:
This position will report into the Head of Sales and will be responsible for developing and guiding the implementation of specific customer account plans; achieving account profitability and sales targets; serving as the primary account contact & providing account leadership to ensure customer satisfaction and long-term continuity of supply.
- Take responsibility for an individual portfolio of national accounts ensuring that company profitability, customer requirements and individual growth targets are met.
- Implement, monitor, report & forecast on account performance against sales budget and cash margin in order to maximise future performance.
- Develop, implement and maintain individual customer account plans which identify key activities and priorities in line with company strategic objectives, and thereby maximise profitability.
- Annually review customer account plans as part of the budgeting process for the following year.
- Maintain regular communication with key external contacts to identify and resolve issues whilst selling new initiatives within existing customer base.
- Support cross sell and new business opportunities, ensuring profitability and outstanding customer relationships are created; underpinned by robust cross company relationships
- Work with other departments as required to ensure that budgeted sales targets, account profitability, customer satisfaction and retention are achieved across portfolio
- Identify, understand and communicate both the customer needs and development aspiration. Work with the required FDUK function to meet those needs and aspirations.
- Previous experience in a national accounts role within the FMCG electrical or small domestic appliance / SDA industry is a must
- Desirable knowledge & experience within the SDA industry
- Excellent & proven negotiation skills
- First rate communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Strong numerical skills and ability to analyse data, with a high level of computer literacy
- Product knowledge and above average understanding of the industry/role requirements
- A passion for driving costs out of the business & increasing profitability
- Ability to think outside the box and drive innovation
- Able to work under pressure in a competitive market place and gain market advantage
Due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, we regret that only successful candidates will be contacted within 10 days
Want to hear more? Upload your CV to Emma Rawlinson today.
- Electrical Equipment
- National Accounts
- Preferred Supplier