A recent opportunity to join a highly regarded company based in Hastings as a Junior Quantity Surveyor/Estimator has recently become available. Utilising your previous experience and Construction/Surveying degree level education, the successful candidate will be offered a chance of real progression and development within this friendly and supportive team.
Key skills and responsibilities:
- Providing accurate budgets/cost plans, viabilities and budgets
- Providing a detailed take-offs and Bills of Quantities (B of Q)
- Working on traditional Plans and Spec-ifications, and Construction Contracts
- Obtaining competitive prices for materials and sub-contract packages
- Overseeing or completing quote analysis comparisons
- Checking and amending rate/price build-ups where necessary
- Preparing tender build-ups for internal adjudication and carrying out adjustments
- Preparing and collating relevant information/documentation for handover meetings
- Discussing clients’ requirements for pre-tender meetings - presenting and answering all questions regarding cost of works
- Participating in post-tender meetings with clients and other members of the team
Candidates will need a Degree or Higher National Certificate in Surveying and/or Construction/Building. In addition to this, previous experience of the construction industry would also be desirable, along with demonstrable skills in numerical accuracy.
If successful, you will receive a competitive salary, free parking, 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension scheme, mileage and full training.
Applicants MUST be able to drive.
To be considered for the role, please contact Oscar with your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'